If you learn how to edit videos on iPhone, you can go a long way to turning hastily shot footage into something suitable for Hollywood. Okay, maybe that’s going too far, but at least you can make your videos look a lot more impressive just by using the editing tools that come built into the Photos app.
Although it will not necessarily coincide with the power of the best video editing software, it’s still great for on-the-fly adjustments, as you can quickly crop your videos, tweak their exposure, highlights, shadows, and color profiles, and even change perspective. And there are also some cool filters to play around with. In fact, it’s built-in tools like this that help make the iPhone one of the best phones around.
So whether or not you have the latest iPhone 14 Pro model or something a bit older, it’s time to start editing. We are going to show you how.
How to edit videos on iPhone
You’ll need to identify a video before you can start editing it, but that’s pretty easy.
1. First of all, you need open the Photos app on your iPhone and find a video To edit. You can easily find videos if tap the Albums icon at the bottom of the screen, scroll down Y touch videoswhich you will see under Media Types.
two. Now, with the video on screen, tap Edit.
How to trim your video on iPhone
1. If you want to trim your video, either just to make it shorter or to remove any unwanted footage, tap the camera icon at the bottom of the screen to display the timeline.
After press, hold and move the two sliders to the left and right of the timeline.
two. When you do this, you will see a yellow box around the footage you are going to keep. Adjust the sliders until you are happy. You may press play to view the cropped footage.
3. When you are satisfied with your cropped video, tap Done. You can now select save video — in which case it will overwrite the original file. You also can tap Save video as new clip. This will ensure that you leave the original video intact.
Get familiar with the edit menu
You can make adjustments to the video image itself. For example, you can change the brightness, brightness, shadows, and even the rotation of a video.
1. Tap the setting icon (It looks like a volume or temperature knob to the right of the camera icon.)
Immediately, you can use the Automatic option (it has an icon that looks like a magic wand) that allows you to quickly correct your video. Use the slider bar to adjust how strong you want the automatic edits to be.
two. However, if you prefer more control, explore the other icons to the right of the Auto icon by swiping left.
The first one you will find is Exhibition. Click the Exposure icon and you can adjust the slider to the right to increase exposure and brighten your video.
Adjust the slider to the left to reduce exposure and darken your video. You will see a number go down and up as you make your adjustment to guide you.
3. The next icon is Highlights and you can make adjustments to reduce any excessive bright patches in your video. Tap the Featured icon and again adjust the slider to the right to lower reflections either adjust slider left to highlight highlights.
Four. You can now brighten any dark area in your video. Tap the Shadows icon Y adjust the slider to the left raise shadows and adjust the slider to the right to lower the shadows.
5. You can now continue refining your video. Tap the contrast icon to increase the difference in tone of your video – adjust the slider to the left to increase contrast and adjust the slider to the right to lower it
6. You also can:
- Tap Brightness to make your video brighter — adjust left to decrease brightness and adjust right to increase brightness.
- Tap Black Point to add darkness to Dark parts of your video: adjust left to darken and adjust right to lighten.
- Y Play with saturation, vibrancy, warmth, hue, sharpness, definition, noise reduction, and vignette. Only by becoming familiar with these practices will you be able to see the effects they have on an image.
Add filters to a video
It’s very easy to change the overall look of your video by applying a filter.
1. Tap the filter icon.
2. Move left and right through the filters. Y touch a filter that catches your attention. Move the slider left or right to see how the image of your video changes.
Transform a video on your iPhone
Now you’ll want to get used to the Transform menu. If you shot a video and there are areas of the image that you’d rather not include, you can crop them. You can also change the vertical and horizontal perspective of your video.
1. Tap the transform icon to get started.
two. You will automatically be in trim mode. Move the handles on the grid to determine how much of the moving footage should be included in the video.
3. Once you have finished a crop, you can modify the perspective. Tap the Vertical icon and you can tilt the perspective of the video vertically when adjusting the slider left or right.
Four. If you tap the Horizontal iconcan tilt perspective horizontally adjusting the slider left or right.
5. You also can tap the rotate icon and this will allow you to rotate the video image by 90 degrees each time you press.
6. Why not try flipping the video on its horizontal plane? To do this, tap the icon in the upper left corner from the screen
Copy and paste your video edits
If you like the edits you’ve made to one video, you can apply them to another.
1. Tap the three dots icon in the upper right corner of the screen.
two. Now select Copy editions. you just need open and edit another video, select the three dots icon again and tap Paste edits to make use of the edits you have made.
And there you go. Now you can get down to business after figuring out how to edit videos on iPhone, but don’t worry if you make any mistakes. At any time during editing, you can tap Reset to return to the original video. In addition, you can also modify the images and if you want to discover how to edit photos on iphone, we’ve got you covered. We also have image editing tutorials at photoshopincluded how to add a background in photoshop, how to add a border in photoshop Y How to Add a Drop Shadow in Photoshop.