The American tech giant introduced its iPhone 14 series last month, i.e. on September 14, 2022. The iPhone 14 series includes the regular iPhone 14the iPhone 14 plus (A new addition to the series and the replacement for the mini version), the iPhone 14 ProY the iPhone 14 Pro Max. With the iPhone 14 series, Apple has discontinued its iPhone Mini series, which originated with the iPhone 12 series.
This time around, the regular non-pro variants of the iPhone 14 got significantly less significant upgrades than its predecessor. However the The iPhone 14 Pro series has changed drastically compared to last year’s iPhone 13 Pro series.. The iPhone 14 Pro and iPhone 14 Pro Max variants made a significant jump compared to their predecessor.
The iPhone 14 Pro series comes with a new Apple A16 Bionic chipset. This new satellite connectivity feature is useful for emergency SOS services (although the service is not available in India), the new 48 MP professional camera system, and many more. The iPhone also announced a fantastic feature called ‘dynamic island.’ However, the regular iPhone 14 doesn’t look any different from its predecessor, the iPhone 13.
If you are confused between the iPhone 14 and the upcoming iPhone 15 on which one to buy, this article will help you understand the substantial difference between them and clarify your purchase decision.
Why buy the iPhone 14?
You will not regret buying the iPhone 14, for the following reasons:
- The iPhone 14 series was released just a month earlier, and there is enough time for the iPhone 15 series to arrive, that is, there are more than ten months left, so if you buy iPhone 14 now, you will be served a new version of iOS.
- As discussed above, there are no significant changes with the iPhone 14 compared to the 2021 iPhone 13. Still, the new iPhone 14, which borrows the primary camera from the iPhone 13 Pro, will be worth spending your money on, with a larger f/1.5 aperture sensor, and the selfie camera also has a wider aperture; battery improvements; the same A15 Bionic Chipset but with 5-core GPU.
- The new software algorithm, i.e. iOS 16 out of the boxis another win.
Why not buy the iPhone 14 and wait for the next iPhone 15?
The wait for Apple’s 2023 iPhones will be worth it, as the iPhone 15 series is expected to bring more massive updates than its predecessors. The following list of points will make it clear whether you should wait for the iPhone 15 or not.
- The iPhone 15 is likely to come with significant improvements to the iPhone 14. The SoC used in the iPhone 14 is the same as the iPhone 13 but with an improved GPU, but the iPhone 15 is expected to arrive with the A16 chipsetwhich has used the current iPhone 14 Pro series.
- Variants of the iPhone 15 Pro will likely feature 8GB of RAM. Therefore, the memory will increase substantially from the current 6 GB of RAM. (Report leaked by Taiwanese research firm TrendForce).
- the iPhone 15Ultra (iPhone 15 Pro Max) is set to feature a minimum of 256GB of standard storage option. However, the iPhone 15 Pro is likely to arrive with just a base 128GB storage option. (Claimed by Majin Bu Filter).
- Apple plans to get rid of the Lightning port. The next The iPhone 15 series is expected to come with USB-C ports.
- Apple will probably bring the Dynamic Island to all four iPhone 15 models. That means the Vanilla iPhone 15 will feature Dynamic Island, which is missing from the Vanilla iPhone 14.
The reasons mentioned above are the main reasons to wait for the iPhone 15.
We’re not forcing you to buy this iPhone or that iPhone. But if you want to buy an iPhone 14, this is the right time to check it out. But if you’re waiting and proceeding with the 2023 iPhone, you can wait.
if you already have iPhone 13, then the iPhone 14 might not be a good option. But if you’re a fan of iOS and Apple and can upgrade every year, you can try the iPhone 14. The iPhone 15 will also be worth the wait, as we’ve listed a few steps that make it a worthy upgrade from your current device.
So if you were confused about whether to buy the iPhone 14 or wait for the next iPhone 15, we hope this article clarified the difference and clarified your purchase decision.